Context and Issue
The embedded parts ensure the proper functioning of the gates during the opening and closing operations. Corrosion of Steel and AAR (Alkali-Aggregate Reaction) present on certain concrete dams accelerate the deterioration of embedded parts making the operation of gates difficult. Important overloads on the lifting mechanism can occur if gate jamming occurs. Defects (dents, cavities) on the embedded parts can cause significant overloads to the wheels, which could break them.
During the years, we have developed a number of embedded part rehabilitation solutions, customized according to the need and to the design of the existing part. In many cases, the rehabilitation of the embedded parts is much less expensive than new parts.
We have developed many solutions:
- Partial Replacement of the Part
- Replacement of the Railway (Welded or Bolted)
- Replacement or Addition of Armoring
- Machining of the Embedded Part
- Cutting of the Embedded Part (AAG Problem)
- Use of the SCOMPI Robot for Welding or Grinding
- Intake and Spillway of Chute-Hemmings (Hydro-Québec)
- Rapide-Blanc Spillway (Hydro-Québec)
- Water Intake of Bryson (Hydro-Québec)
- Water Intake of Chute-du-Diable (Alcan)
- Water Intake of Chute-à-la-Savane (Alcan)
- Water Intake of Chute-des-Passes (Alcan)